Having a missing or damaged tooth is often something that makes people feel self-conscious.
Dental implants are a complete solution for tooth loss.
No more hiding your smile or covering your mouth!
With so many advancements in implant technology, there’s a perfect solution out there for you. So, what should you expect from your dental implant experience?
To start, let’s break things down!
Are there different types of implants?
The first dental implant was placed in 1965, and oh, how things have changed! For the better, of course.
Endosteal implants are the most common type of implant. This implant is securely placed in the jawbone as an artificial root for your new replacement tooth.
Dentists also have multiple sizing options for implants because each person’s mouth and bone structure is different. So, this treatment has become highly customized over the years.
Implants can also vary depending on the procedure and length of your visit.
Traditional implants can take months, while same-day, or immediate-load implants, can be completed in one day!
All-on-4 implants are a complete set of implants designed to replace your whole upper or lower set of teeth. This type of implant is a more natural and permanent solution to dentures. All-on-4 is one of the most common same-day implants!
What to expect from your dental implant experience
Your experience will vary based on the type of implant you’re receiving.
- Same-day process – Same-day implants are locked in with support bridges to ensure they stay in place. If you don’t want to be with a missing tooth for a long time, same-day implants are likely a match for you.
- Traditional implants – Traditional implants can take up to 3-6 months to finish, but are worth the time and investment!
- Single implant – Single-implants restore a single tooth. Your dentist will surgically place a titanium post and attach a metal connector for the crown. Lastly, your crown will be secured to the implant. With fewer steps, your appointment is over before you know it.
Patients often ask, “will my dental implants hurt?” Implants can be sore afterward, but the procedure is always made comfortable for patients. You won’t feel pain while you’re in the chair but may experience tenderness following the procedure.
Home-care tip: To relieve any discomfort, clean at least twice a day with a soft-bristle brush and use over-the-counter ibuprofen as directed! You can also use implant-specific floss to be extra careful.
How long is the dental implant recovery process?
The average recovery time for dental implants is around 3-4 months. This is the amount of time it takes for the implant to heal fully. Dental implant surgeries typically have a 98% success rate.
If you want to speed up your recovery process, there are a few steps you can take:
- No smoking or tobacco use
- Following your personalized aftercare plan
- Avoid hard or crunchy foods
- Limiting harsh physical activity
Are dental implants worth the investment?
Dental implants are the best alternative to natural teeth. But, we understand you want to make sure you’re making the right investment.
Check out our guide to saving money on implants.
Are you finally ready for a new smile?
Find out why our dental implant patients are leaving positive reviews.
Our Salt Lake City dentists have placed and restored hundreds of dental implants, so you’re in excellent hands here. As a bonus, we’re open evenings and Saturdays to accommodate your busy schedule!
To set up a consultation for dental implants, get in touch here:
- Call our friendly staff at (801) 278-4223.
- Send us a message here.
- Shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Legacy Dental is located in Salt Lake City, UT. We’re also serving patients in the Millcreek, East Millcreek, Holladay, Sugarhouse, Murray, Midvale, South Salt Lake, Sandy, Taylorsville, West Jordan, South Jordan, Riverton, and Herriman communities.