It is said, “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” It can be even more powerful if it is attractive to begin with. With regards to your appearance, your smile is your most important physical attribute. If you need to improve your smile, you might need to find a good cosmetic dentist.
Choosing a dentist for cosmetic dentistry can be very stressful. Here are a few strategies to help.
- Ask your current dentist about improving your smile. He or she may have been taking good care of your teeth for many years and may just be unaware that improving your smile is a concern for you. They may also have the skills to help you with your concerns and they might not. But it’s a good place to start.
- Ask a friend, especially one that may have had some cosmetic dentistry.
- Ask someone you meet who has an attractive smile. They might have a great dentist.
- Ask another healthcare provider, especially those involved in cosmetic specialties. Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons can be especially good sources for a referral to a cosmetic dentist.
- Search the internet or use the yellow pages looking for those who promote cosmetic dentistry. If using this route, you might consider multiple consultations.
It should be recognized that there is not an official cosmetic dentistry specialty. So hopefully, those that advertise this service have advanced training in cosmetic dentistry.