Telemedicine is becoming more and more popular, from hotline nurses to virtual consultations, and it’s not just because of COVID-19. There are so many perks to having online appointments for your health and dental care!
In this blog, we’ll explain everything you need to know about teledentistry.
What is teledentistry?
Teledentistry allows you to consult with your dentist without having to go into the dental office physically!
Most telehealth systems hold these appointments over the phone, via a messaging app, or through a live or recorded video consultation.
Some dentists require a fee. Depending on your insurance policy and how your dentist bills the appointment, you may be covered.
What services can you get with remote dentistry?
Teledentistry isn’t limited to a specific service, and it can vary depending on the provider. Common uses include:
- Emergency dental care assessment: A helpful step to decide if you need to come in for treatment right away or not.
- General dental questions or concerns: A simple way to get your dentist’s help without requiring a physical appointment.
- Cosmetic dentistry information: If you want to improve the look of your smile, your dentist can provide you with treatment recommendations and helpful information like costs and a timeline.
If you consult with your current dentist, he/she may be able to use your dental records for more accurate feedback.
How does teledentistry work?
There are many ways to conduct a virtual dental appointment.
At Legacy Dental, we offer two different teledentistry services in Salt Lake City, UT. Here’s an overview of each one:
1. Teledentistry for emergency dental care
When you experience a dental emergency, time is of the essence! That’s why we use a live video dental consultation to help you ASAP.
All you have to do is:
- Visit our teledentistry website… This text opens a new tab to our teledentistry website… on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- State your name, enable camera access, and enter our virtual waiting room.
- Dr. Campbell will be notified you’re waiting for him and will be with you shortly.
- When connected, you can see and hear Dr. Campbell on video.
- You can discuss your situation and get recommendations on the next steps, how to relieve pain, and more.
- If in-person treatment is required, we’ll help you schedule an appointment right away.
2. Virtual dental consultation
If you want to improve your smile but don’t know how, our virtual dental consultation is perfect!
Bonus: It’s FREE!
To get our expert dentists’ recommendations, you need to:
- Visit our virtual consultation page.
- Upload two photos: A selfie of yourself smiling and a close-up of your smile.
- Tell us what you want to change about your smile, likes vs. dislikes, any treatments you’re interested in, etc.
- Submit the form!
Then within five business days, one of our cosmetic dentists will email you a personalized video with treatment recommendations.
From there, you can proceed with treatment, come in for an in-person consultation for further details, ask us questions, or mull it over.
Why you should consider teledentistry
Teledentistry has so many benefits and conveniences! Here’s why our patients love virtual dental care in Salt Lake City:
You can easily hop on your device from home or work and get your answers without having to drive anywhere! Plus, you don’t have to take time off of work to get the same service you could at home.
Currently, our emergency dental consultations are free of charge. This will save you a lot of money in comparison to driving to and from, taking time off work, and visiting an emergency dentist or hospital.
And it doesn’t get much cheaper than complimentary virtual dental consultations for cosmetic dentistry.
Keeps you (and us) safe!
By holding appointments that don’t require physical treatment via teledentistry, we can help prevent the spread of any disease.
Rest assured, if you do visit our office, we are employing the highest infection control standard (as always!) and are adding extra precautions to keep you, our staff, and our community safe.
Take advantage of teledentistry at Legacy Dental
Have you tried teledentistry yet?
If you want to know your options to improve your smile, try our virtual dental consultation.
And if you ever experience a dental emergency, make a note of our online emergency dental appointments… This text opens a new tab to our teledentistry website… (you never know when you might need us).
Our dental office is based in Salt Lake City, UT. It serves surrounding communities of Salt Lake County, Millcreek, East Millcreek, Holladay, Sugarhouse, Murray, Midvale, South Salt Lake, Sandy, Taylorsville, West Jordan, South Jordan, Riverton, and Herriman.