Offering emergency dental care in Salt Lake City.
Dental emergencies never happen during business hours. Whether you have a regular dentist, haven’t been in for years, are visiting the area, have insurance, or don’t have insurance, we have an expert emergency dentist at Legacy Dental who can help you NOW!
- Same-day appointments and virtual consultations available
- Open on Saturdays and evenings
- On-call Salt Lake City dentist available
Are you experiencing a dental emergency? Get relief today by calling us below.
Receive Emergency Care in a Kind and Comfortable Environment
Our team of on-call emergency dentists in Salt Lake City are here to help!
For 20 years, our Salt Lake City dentists have been helping 1000s of patients get out of pain with our dental emergency services, including:
If you believe you need an emergency dentist, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re confident we can solve your problem within your budget and time.
Emergency Virtual Consultations Available
What You Can Expect During an Emergency Visit with Us
First off, it’s our goal to get you out of pain as soon as possible. That’s why we offer same-day, evening, and Saturday appointments. When you get into our office, we’ll generally start by taking an x-ray of the affected tooth.
One of our Salt Lake City dentists will diagnose the source of the pain and discuss treatment options with you. From there, one of our treatment coordinators will discuss the fees, your dental insurance benefits, and payment options that are available to you.
If you’d like, we can provide nitrous oxide (relaxing gas) to calm your nerves. We will gently anesthetize the area to numb it. Once you’re comfortable, we will take care of your problem. After treatment, we will review post-op instructions and discuss pain management.
Ending Your Tooth Pain as Quickly as Possible
Legacy Dental: Ending Tooth Pain for People Since 1999
Legacy Dental was started in 1977 by Galen Campbell, DDS. In 1999, Jonathan Campbell, his son, joined his practice and began offering emergency care as a way to meet new patients and grow his practice.
Word soon spread to urgent care clinics, emergency rooms, and other dental offices that Legacy Dental could take care of dental emergencies the same day. Legacy Dental offered evening hours, Saturday appointments, and on-call care – this even included for new patients.
The practice continues to grow and provide emergency dental care to people in Salt Lake City. While we offer many other dental services, helping people get out of pain and solving their urgent dental problems is one of the things we enjoy most.
Meet our dental team, who is concerned about your needs and can take care of your smile.
What Emergency Dental Patients Are Saying
I have been to Legacy Dental a few times, and every time they have been the best! I had a couple of dental emergencies that they worked me right in, and then also have had some dental work. The front desk to Dr. H has always been amazing. I love that there is never any hidden fees. They go over every charge with you beforehand and walk you thru your options, so there are no surprises. Everyone makes you feel welcome, not nervous, and just a great, pleasant experience. Definitely, recommend Legacy Dental for all dental needs. -
Kristine A. (Legacy Dental Emergency Patient)
We have had nothing but the best care from DR. CAMPBELL! We trust him fully with our dental care. One Sunday, a few months ago, he went above and beyond the extra mile by coming in to take care of our son’s bad abscessed tooth. We highly recommend him to friends and family. The entire staff is very friendly, helpful, and professional. We love how everyone at Legacy works together as a team. DR. CAMPBELL, we give you a grade: A+++!
Michael E. (Legacy Dental Emergency Patient)
Legacy Dental has been fantastic to work with every step of the way. Had a tooth emergency, and they were able to get me in the same day. The procedure went well, and Dr. Stewart and the staff were informative along with great bedside manner. Definitely friendly, professional, and positive atmosphere that I would recommend family and friends to.
Ti L. (Legacy Dental Emergency Patient)
First Aid for Dental Emergencies
Learn how to handle dental emergencies with tips from our emergency dentists in Salt Lake City, UT.
Lose or Knocked-Out Tooth
- Find the knocked-out tooth. Try not to handle the tooth by the root. Handle the tooth by the top part (the crown).
- Clean the tooth by gently and quickly rinsing it in cold water. Do not scrub or use soap on the tooth.
- Attempt to replace the tooth in the socket. Don’t worry too much about the alignment.
- If able to replace the tooth, gently bite down on gauze or a clean cloth or rag. Call the dentist for immediate attention.
- If it is not possible to replace the tooth, place it in a container with milk. Do not wrap the tooth. Call the dentist for immediate attention.
The tooth has the best chance for successful re-implantation if it is replaced within 30 minutes from being knocked out. Allow the dentist to reimplant and splint the tooth.
Teeth that have been knocked out require frequent follow-up. Oftentimes the tooth will die and require root canal treatment. The emergency dentists at 911 Emergency Dental in Salt Lake City have advanced training in treating teeth that have been knocked loose and out by trauma.
Time is of the essence in treating these dental emergencies. Please call for immediate attention: (801) 278-4223
Toothache or Abscess
1. Clean the area. This is best accomplished by gently flossing, brushing, and rinsing.
2. Rinse vigorously with warm salt water to dislodge any trapped food or debris.
3. Do not place an aspirin on your gums. It will not help and will cause a chemical burn.
4. Applying a cold compress may help to relieve pain and control swelling.
5. Consider taking a pain reliever. Tooth pain is generally caused by inflammation. An anti-inflammatory pain reliever may be helpful.
6. Call our emergency dentist at (801) 278-4223. Toothaches are a sign that something is wrong.
Even if the pain goes away, more than likely a condition exists that will get worse and eventually cause pain again.
We’d be glad to help.
Filling Fallen Out
There are a few helpful ways to take care of the sensitive “hole” that is left after a filling has fallen out until you can see your dentist. One way is orthodontic wax. It is soft and moldable and will help protect the sensitive area until you can have it treated properly. It is found in most drug stores. You might also consider a temporary dental filling found in many drug stores. The wax solution is usually a little less messy.
Or you could call our dental office at (801) 278-4223; we will be able to see you the same day.
Chipped or Broken Tooth
1. If you have persistent pain following chipping or breaking your tooth, you need to call our emergency dentist immediately at (801) 278-4223 as this indicates a possible injury to the tooth nerve.
2. If you do not experience pain or sensitivity in the affected area, generally you will just need to call to schedule a non-emergency appointment in order to have the chipped or broken portion replaced.
3. If you really will be unable to see a dentist for some time, you might also gently smooth the rough area using an emery board to lessen the roughness. Don’t wait too long though, as a tooth that has chipped may be a sign of a more serious problem, even if does not cause pain.
Food or Debris Stuck
When you feel something stuck between your teeth, try one or more of these tips to help remove it.
1. Floss normally.
2. If flossing normally doesn’t work, tie a knot in your floss and carefully place the floss between your teeth and pull the knot through gently.
3. If the first two do not work, a little trick is to place a toothpick in between the two teeth where the item is lodged. Push it in slightly so it stays in place and keep it there for a minute or two. This allows your teeth to move slightly. Push on the toothpick once more so the teeth will move a bit further and wait a couple of minutes again. Then remove the toothpick and try flossing again.
If you still can’t get it out, let us give it a try. We’ve got a few tricks up our sleeves.
Tips and Advice For Dental Emergencies
Contact our emergency dental office in Salt Lake City. Evening and weekend appointments available.
Providing emergency dentistry services to Salt Lake City, Millcreek, East Millcreek, Holladay, Sugar House, Murray, Midvale, South Salt Lake, Sandy, Taylorsville, West Jordan, South Jordan, Riverton, and Herriman.